Friday, September 12, 2008

Welcome to Tiger Cubs


On behalf of your sons, I would like to thank each of you for introducing them to scouting. The Boy Scouts of America is a wonderful organization. I grew up in Scouts; and, I owe a lot of who I am to the experiences I had during those years. If it weren't for my dad and mom's involvement, it would not have been the same.

I looked over the paperwork we were handed the other night and realized that it's hard not to be overwhelmed. There is a lot of stuff to go through; and I already have a packed schedule with work, family, etc... If it were not for the experiences that I had as a boy, it would be hard for me to commit to such an organization. The truth is that the best experiences that I had with my dad came from Scouting, and I want that for my son and I as well!

More than likely I will make some mistakes, and may even frustrate you once or twice; but, I promise to, "DO MY BEST". Maybe some of the old stuff will come back to me and we may just have some fun. I know the boys will!

Uniform Information
Here is a list of the items the pack requires that each boy have:



Blue Cub Scout Uniform $22.99


Tiger Cub Neckerchief $4.99


TC Slide $2.99


Erie Shores Council Patch $3.40


Troop Number 209 Patches 3 x $1.19



World Scout Crest $1.49


TOTAL = $39.43


These are the prices I saw at Woodville Surplus on Woodville Rd.; however, all Scouts do get a 10% discount. You can also get them at the Toledo Scout Shop in downtown Toledo, or The Scout Shop in Findlay off of I-75.


My wife (mom of 4 & bargain hunter) did a little online research and found some sites that sell gently used scout uniforms for much less. If you are still in need of a uniform, and would like to save a few bucks, send her an email (gopjamey@bex.net) and she'll be happy to assist!
See you this Thursday at our first pack meeting.








No comments: